Bed & Breakfast owners in New Hampshire who are interested in joining NHBBA should read further, or contact Heidi Milbrand at 888-909-2700 for more information. You may also fill out the online membership application.
If you’re dreaming about opening a B&B, call Heidi and she can talk you through some of the “getting started” ropes. If you would rather buy an existing B&B, Heidi might know some that are for sale and might fit your needs.
NHBBA Member Benefits
- New Hampshire is divided into seven designated tourism regions (defined by the state’s tourism board). Member B&Bs will be listed on our website in the region in which they are located. The NHBBA website has search capabilities to “Find a B&B” by region, by amenities, and alphabetically.
- The NHBBA website will include information about your B&B created from the information provided on your application form.
- Some B&Bs are located at the edge of one of the designated tourism regions so they draw their business from both their “home” region and the neighboring one. NHBBA permits a second listing in the “Find a B&B by Region” section with board approval and an additional $50 annual fee. If this applies to you, please include this request with your application form. Heidi will advise if your request can be filled.
- The NHBBA offers an association-wide-availability search engine using Availability Online. With Availability Online, B&Bs will show up in their “home” region. If you currently use Availability Online, visitors to the NHBBA site can view your availability as they plan their trip. If you are not a current user and you would like to start using Availability Online, NHBBA members are offered a special group price of $60 annually, when paid through NHBBA.
- An annual meeting (usually two held semi-annually) is held to include workshops, roundtables and open sessions that provide networking opportunities. The program may feature special speakers such as travel writers and industry experts along with product and services vendors.
NHBBA Member Conditions and Requirements
For detailed membership information, please see the NHBBA Bylaws
- Membership in NHBBA is open to bed & breakfasts with as few as two guest rooms, and with no more than three guest rooms sharing one bathroom.
- Members’ posted room rates shall include breakfast.
- The B&B must be the primary residence of the owners or operators.
- No properties with public restaurants will be eligible for membership.
- B&Bs must have their own website to link to. Third party OTAs (Online Travel Agencies) such as AirBNB and Homeaway may not be used for linking from the NHBBA website to a member property. For more details, see the NHBBA by-laws.
- B&Bs must be licensed by the NH Department of Health and Human Services, Food Protection Section, which means obtaining:
- a Food Service License issued by the NH Division of Public Health Services and
- a NH Meals & Rentals Tax License
- Annual dues are currently set at $75. Forms below become the content of that listing.
- The NHBBA Membership Application must be filled out online or printed out and mailed in.
- Mentors are available for members.
- Public Relations Services are available to provide exposure toward national and international publications.
Members can proudly display the NHBBA logo on their site showing their commitment to their profession and link back to the NHBBA site. We provide the following logos for your use. To download, click the logo below. When the image appears, go to File, Save As, and save the image to your desktop, or right-click on the image to save. [Please do not link directly to the image]
- NHBBA Association Transparent PNG – logo.png
Annual Membership Fees:
- $75.00: Membership – please see member benefits (below the form) for more information
- $50.00: Second NH tourism region listing (optional)
- $60.00: Availability Online (basic) (optional) – please see member benefits (below the form) for more information
$115.00: Availability Online (premium) (optional)
NOTE: B&Bs joining between January 1st and August 31st will pay the full membership fee of $75 upon joining. B&B’s joining between September 1st and December 31st will pay $75 upon joining, which will include the membership dues for the months remaining in the year joined as well as the following calendar year.
*Header photo by Tuckernuck Inn; sidebar photos by Henniker House Bed & Breakfast