Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Region
Slip away to a bed and breakfast in the Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee Region of New Hampshire. Nestled among sparkling lakes and waterways and beautiful mountains in Western/Central NH, the region is a secret gem, offering unparalleled lodging and experiences to help you unwind and renew
If any one region could be known as a study of contrasts, it would be Dartmouth Lake Sunapee, named for the Ivy League school, Dartmouth College, and the crystal lake, state park and mountain which all share the Sunapee name.
Downhill or cross-country skiing, hiking, biking, fishing, swimming or kayaking opportunities abound for the outdoor sports lovers. Learn about our history as you tour historic sites offering a peek into lives of days gone by. Meander along country roads dotted with covered bridges, visit our unique museums, and enjoy our antique and specialty shops. Browse through our art galleries, sing along at one of our free summer concerts or catch a performance at a theater in our area. A short drive over the Connecticut River to Vermont or just south to Concord opens the door to more activities within an hour’s time.
Here are some hidden gems:
- Mount Sunapee and all its winter and summer activities is found in the heart of the region
- The Fells Historic Site: Home and gardens of John Hay, friend and secretary to Abraham Lincoln
- Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site: Home and museum of the works of the renowned sculptor, Augustus Saint-Gaudens
- The Hood Museum at Dartmouth College: Rich in art and .. and free of charge
- MV Kearsage on Lake Sunapee: Scenic narrated Lake Sunapee tour or dinner aboard the MV Kearsage Restaurant Ship
- New London Barn Playhouse: Summer theater experience
- Hopkins Center for the Arts: Quality performances throughout the year
- Kearsage Indian Museum: Native American museum and event center
- Enfield Shaker Museum: Historic site of the Enfield Shakers
- Musterfield Farm: Historic Farm tours and events
Put the Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee Region at the top of your must visit destinations. Our innkeepers provide the best in New England hospitality and are happy share their favorite things to do. Browse through our Bed and Breakfast properties and choose one that is right for you.