If you enjoy live theater and have never seen a performance at the Peterborough Players barn in Peterborough, New Hampshire, you are missing out on a wonderful experience. The Players perform in a renovated 1700s barn tucked off in the woods north of downtown Peterborough, a quintessential New England town. It offers all the intimacy and charm you would expect from a New England playhouse.
Well-known performers have starred on its stage including James Whitmore (Tony, Grammy, Emmy and Golden Globe award winner) who returned to Peterborough year after year for many years and credited The Players with giving him his start in acting. More recently, Avery Brooks, Taurean Blacque and Gordon Clapp have graced its stage.
So what’s on tap for 2017? This year’s lineup looks exciting including Mel Brooks’ smash hit Broadway comedy “The Producers“, the classic comedy “Arsenic and Old Lace” and George Bernard Shaw’s “The Doctor’s Dilemma“. See the entire schedule below.
To complete your get-away to Peterborough (and there are many other fantastic things to do in Peterborough and the Monadnock Region) reserve a stay at Little River Bed & Breakfast.
Little River Bed & Breakfast offers a Dinner, Theater and Overnight Stay package for the Peterborough Players which is a great deal! The package includes dinner for two at Del Rossi’s Trattoria (an Italian restaurant set in a 1700s farmhouse tucked off in the woods), two tickets to The Players performance and an overnight stay with a delicious multi-course breakfast at Little River B&B. The entire package is just $265!
- June 21 – July 2: The Whipping Man – Taurean Blacque returns in an unflinching story about redemption, forgiveness and the lasting scars of slavery
- July 5 – 16: Constellations – a romantic comedy raising questions about the difference between choice and destiny
- July 19 – 30: Arsenic and Old Lace – a classic comedy that needs no description!
- August 2 – 13: The Producers – the ever popular Kraig Swartz stars in this hysterical musical
- August 16 – 27: The Doctor’s Dilemma – starring a Peterborough favorite Karron Graves – a classic by George Bernard Shaw
- August 30 – Sept 10: Wittenberg – a comedy featuring Hamlet and Martin Luther discussing reason vs faith
- September 13 – 17: Comedy Tonight – three stand up comedians in one great show!
Whether its outdoor activities, sightseeing, shopping or arts and culture, Peterborough is a great spot for a vacation get-away. The Players offers a wonderful theater experience and Little River Bed & Breakfast is a cozy place to relax and unwind. We hope to hear from you!